Wednesday, January 14, 2009

a post... and their was much rejoicing

Obviously the idea to post something every day is a bust, but at least I am getting something on here from time to time (which is to say more than once monthly or so).

Started school yesterday. I was originally scheduled for a chemistry class that would have required leaving work early and then driving to a campus that was in the opposite direction of my home. Not really what I was looking for when I signed up for this. Luckily, I was able to squeeze into a similar class that is being given at the downtown location and makes my life much simpler. I won't even have to drive my car downtown and pay for parking like I originally thought, since Joe has volunteered to drop me off and pick me up. Awesome! I was really dreading the idea of having to pay a ridiculous amount to park here two days a week.

Today was supposed to be spay the foster rabbits day. As I'm sure you can tell by the previous sentence that was not to be. I wrangled the rabbits into the carriers and left here early so we could drop them off only to get a call later that their had been a mix up with the vets. In case you were not aware, most vets do not like to fix rabbits. They are not only difficult anatomy wise but do not do well under anesthesia. Of course, from all the things that I read about how fragile rabbits are I keep wondering why mine don't drop dead of fright every time I turn on the vacuum. But I digress. I spoke with my contact and she was super nice and apologetic which is not what I was getting through email. Not that her emails were rude, I just wasn't getting the feeling anybody cared. The phone call washed all that away... I think they are just overwhelmed over there. So now they are scheduled for the 26th and hopefully that will be that.

No comments: