Saturday, January 10, 2009

on spot

Today has been a good day. I got up this morning, fed the rabbits, fed me and headed out to my first of three crochet classes I am taking at Charlotte Yarn. Fun! I really enjoyed learning how to use that hook and it was challenging to move your hands in a way that is so different from knitting. I will definitely be practicing for next weeks class.

After class I ran over to Macy's to return a not so great set of pots and pans I had purchased after Christmas. Really disappointing. Seriously, a pot should not have  black spots in the bottom just cause you boiled some water. In their place I picked up some shiny new Calphalon.

calphalon

Did I mention shiny? Shiny AND pretty. What can I say, I love the pots and pans. Of course, this means that I need to stay on track with the whole cooking thing.

calphalon (2)

If you are not a follower of football, which I am not, you may not know that 'Our Carolina Panthers' are in a playoff game tonight. Oh, the insanity! We are therefore planning a night in with Joe's brother and girlfriend (who is kind of enough to cook for us this evening) as to avoid said insanity that will be ruling the downtown area and any establishment with more than one TV.

OK, off to wash those shiny new pots and pans so we can break them in tonight!

No comments: