Thursday, January 01, 2009

a bit of an explanation

So you may be wondering what has been going on with the blog. Well, back in February '07 I decided that I needed to have my own domain with all my very own stuff. So I moved my blog on over to deadjudi.com/blog with grand plans of creating a really great frontpage with links to pictures, the blog, lists, whatever I wanted. That then led me to the realization that building a website is hard and not only that, I really don't have the time, patience, or inclination to even do it. On top of that about three months ago the spammers found my blog. As of a couple of weeks ago I was deleting almost 200 spam comments a day. Fantabulous!!! That basically sucked the life out of my will to blog. Seriously, opening up your blog and realizing that you have to deal with 800 spam comments cause you hadn't checked in a few days is not the motivator I need to keep up with this kind of thing. Some of you might be thinking, well, why didn't you just add one of those plugins that will verify if an actual human is trying to comment? I did, or at least I made the attempt, refer back to not good at doing website stuff. It effectively cut off all comments, which, for the time being was a bit refreshing.

So, here I am. Back to good ole blogger. Back to where, if I need to make a change I can. I feel much better now. Oh, and I am going to attempt to move my comments from the other blog to here so they can be saved for posterity, but don't hold your breath...

Another bit of interesting news is that I signed up for NaBloPoMo. I figure with starting school and work being in flux I should have some things to write about in the near future and this may help me along. That and I really need one more thing to do  :-)

 

Happy New Year everyone! Here is to a fresh start!

No comments: