Friday, January 02, 2009

i'm back!

Look at that... two days in a row. Can you believe it? So, the theme for the monthly blogging thing I signed up for is 'change'. I would think that's a pretty good topic for January not only because it is resolution time, but since I really seem to have a lot of things going on at the moment. Things like, I wonder if I will go into work in the near future to find that I have been laid off and the fact that I am going back to school (something I swore I would never do) in an attempt to get into a nursing program. Life really throws some curve balls at you sometimes, you know? Those are but a few changes that I am trying to get through at the moment. There are others, but I'll get to them later.

Today was a strange day at work. The fact that it's a Friday and the day after New Years makes for a very quiet and empty office place, reallyreallyreally quiet. It also felt like the end of the holidays, which felt really good to me. I am ready to move on into this new year and accomplish some new things.

Tonight I cooked us a nice dinner (yummy giant scallops) and in a few I will be cleaning up the mess I left behind. Cooking is another thing I have vowed to do more of. Well that and adding a few things to my tiny repertoire of cooking. So small! It wouldn't be so bad if the dishes would magically wash themselves. I'd ask Joe to do it, but since he has been busy painting the guest room and our closet during his time off I figure it is just plain wrong of me to ask him to clean up the kitchen. I mean really, the least I can do is cook him a decent dinner and then clean up the mess.

Stay tuned for more blogging fun! I plan on posting even more riveting items about my life tomorrow.

No comments: