Monday, April 06, 2009

a weekend in charleston…. sc

Let’s see… where to begin? This weekend was loads of fun. Joe, myself and a few friends drove down to Charleston, SC for the weekend. Unbeknownst to us when we planned this trip, the Bridge Run was scheduled for the same weekend. Luckily, we were able to get  a decently priced room at the Embassy Suites, which, by the way, is an excellent place to stay. We were really close to everything especially King St where all the really great shopping occurs! Joe and I went to the Steve Madden store on Friday and got some great deals! I bought two pair of clearance shoes that were under $20 apiece once all the markdowns were done. Ah-Ma-Zing! Love shoes and it was great fun picking them out and trying them on. Oh, before we stopped there Joe walked with me over to Knit, the local yarn store, which again, was only a few blocks from the hotel (we are totally staying there next time we go). I bought some great Rowan Summer Tweed in a really pretty shade of green that will soon be made into a nice summer stole. Well, after I finish the Clapotis I’m working on. The Clapotis that I completely ripped out this afternoon. That is another story… back to Charleston. Friday night we ate dinner at Tristan and all I can say is MMMMM. If there weren’t another 3872 restaurants I want to try I would be going back there every time. It was delicious and had spectacular service!

Saturday we got a bit of a late start. We ended up heading over to the Bigelow Tea Plantation. The ONLY tea plantation in the US. The tour was only about 25 minutes, but I really learned a lot about the plants/processing etc. I would recommend this if you have any interest in tea or some type of botany. Otherwise, it probably wouldn’t be worth the drive out there.

The rest of the weekend consisted of a lot of walking and a lot of coffee consumption. Oh, and Saturday afternoon we had a late lunch at Social Wine Bar. A really nice place to chill out and try some outstanding food and wine.

Sunday we drove all over the Battery and googled several of the homes for sale to see if they were within our range… anyone want to move down there and co-own a really beautiful home with us down there??? I’m sure it would be amazing!

No comments: