Monday, April 13, 2009

over easter weekend

Thankfully we were given Friday off, which was super awesome cause it gave me more time to spend up in WV with the family. Hadn’t been up for a visit since Christmas so it was long overdue. So what did I do the entire weekend? I knit. Knitted like a crazed woman on a mission. I also learned to spit splice, which is also related to said knitting. Oh, and I spent a lot of time winding and rewinding balls of yarn in order to keep the color scheme correct. In the midst of all the knitting I did get to visit with extended family on Saturday (one of which sent me a cool knitting link) and spent some time with the in-laws as well.

 clapotis2 

My brothers and Dad spent a lot of time going over maps of Europe attempting to plan a route for us to drive while we are there at the end of May. I’m a bit disappointed with all the planning… I had been bragging to my friends that they always just randomly drove around when they went. Now, nothing but a plan. I was sorta looking forward to having to spend the night in a rental car cause we didn’t get a hotel room early enough and all the inns were closed. I guess I’ll have to find adventure through some other venue. OK, so I’m not complaining since I know we will have a fabulous time and all, but now I have to explain that this time there is an agenda. No randomness this time. Oh, one good thing we sorted out this weekend is that Joe will go a few days before I do and meet up with part of my family and tool around with them. He will then meet up with me and spend part of a Friday and Saturday with me in Pairs. This is great since he wasn’t going to be going at all cause this was a family trip and all. It will be nice to spend a few days with him at least!

No comments: