Monday, February 01, 2010

oh, the weather outside is frightful

Yeesh! Quite the weather pattern we’re having here. We came back from WV to this…

IMG_4486

Of course, WV looked like this…

IMG_4469

Didn’t think my car was going to make it up that hill Saturday morning. There may have been some slippage on the way up.

IMG_4479 

This weekend was a special one. We celebrated my parents 50th wedding anniversary. Amazing! When I think about them being together for 50 years it just seems unfathomable. Yet, Joe and I have already been married for 13 years and it seems like no time at all.

I managed to take only a few pictures at the party, but the view out the windows was just lovely. And that cake was delicious. This was the wedding reception my parents didn’t have 50 years ago when they eloped!

IMG_4475

I did manage to get a good picture of Joe after the toast.

IMG_4478

It was a really wonderful weekend. The highlight was hearing stories about the two of them. Stories we had never heard before. As a child it’s sometimes hard to remember that your parents were once young and in love. Impulsive and daring. They were great stories!

No comments: