Sunday, October 10, 2010

knitting fun & pizza

Yesterday I took my first foray into the East Bay via the Bart. Joe needed the car so I headed out to Knit One One in Berkeley to attend the Brave New Knits book signing and trunk show.

I was a little nervous about showing up on my own, but soon realized that this was a really great and friendly bunch! Julie Turjoman was so sweet and really everyone their was super nice. I will definitely be attending other events at Knit One One.

We had a great time trying on the different pieces. It’s great to be able to try on something you’re thinking about knitting. There are several sweaters I would love to try and now I know what changes I need to make so they will be perfect fit for me.

I would post pictures, but it seems that I was too distracted to even think about it. It wasn’t until I got home that I realized I was completely derelict in those duties. Oh well, I guess there’s always next time.

Joe picked me up from the event and we headed over to Telegraph Avenue to find some dinner. We ended up at Lanesplitter and had some really great pizza. I think it may have been the best we’ve had so far. Service was so so (we didn’t get a refill on our drinks and Joe ran out), but I felt like it was one of those places where that’s just the way it is and you deal with it. Don’t get me wrong, the staff was very friendly just maybe not as attentive as I would have liked. Though, I don’t think that will deter us from going again if we’re in the area.

That’s about it for now. Joe and I are heading up to Stinson Beach today to see what we can see. Cross your fingers that I remember to take some pics!

No comments: