Friday, June 12, 2009

almost a week ago

a really great knitter, blogger, and pattern creator visited us at Charlotte Yarn. On Saturday she held a class on toe up socks of which I had not yet attempted. Well, that’s not completely correct. I do have one sock that I started a while back with the crochet cast-on. Said cast-on was supposed to easily unzip once the toe was complete, this did not happen and much picking out of said cast-on ensued. I was not amused. Note to self: the technique I learned Saturday was MUCH EASIER.

So here is my new lambie, who has no name, posing with a practice toe. Isn’t she cute!

WendyKnits

So by now, you’re like, who is this mystery person you are alluding to? It was Wendy Johnson of WendyKnits! She was a blast! And I learned a couple really useful techniques for socks that I will be sure to implement soon. If you knit, you should totally buy her new book “Socks from the Toe Up”. Cute patterns, but most important some interesting techniques for the different parts of the sock with nice diagrams. Here I am with Wendy. Seriously, she was a lot of fun!

WendyKnits (5) 

Here is a photo of socks that were knit from her new book… if you look closely there are no matching socks to be found. She is one smart cookie.

WendyKnits (9)

And now for something completely different.

We have a nest in the hanging ferns again this year with five teensy tiny eggs. I will keep you updated on their progress as they hatch and grow. Not sure what the parents are. They are reddish little finches. That’s the best I can do at the moment.

baby bird eggs 6-10-09

Then this morning while I was putting out some clothes for charity I found this little guy sunning himself on the walk. He is tiny! I know a lot of people aren’t big fans of snakes, but I don’t mind them. He looks about the right size to eat those horrible spiders that have been invading my home lately. Get ‘em little guy! Get ‘em all!

spiders are delicious!IMG_3516

No comments: