Wednesday, April 27, 2011

field trip

On a Ravelry forum last week I was made aware of an interesting place near where I work called the Mechanic’s Institute Library & Chess Room. So today I went over for the weekly tour that they provide. If your in the city and looking for something to do on a Wednesday I recommend it… really interesting place with lots of history. I’m seriously thinking about becoming a member.

IMG_1577

This staircase goes down five floors.

IMG_1569

And chess…

IMG_1570

They apparently have a very active chess club. I <3 these old worn tables. Can you imagine the years it took to wear that down?

IMG_1572

And their very own chess director. Who knew?

IMG_1574

I realize I didn’t take any pictures of the actual library parts. You know, the books and stuff, but I figure you all know what that looks like. Plus, these were the more interesting bits of the Institute. I found it all very intriguing.

On a completely unrelated note, as per normal, someone has been writing on my shiny new chalkboard. We will not be naming any names.

IMG_1582

No comments: