Monday, May 31, 2010

viva las vegas!

Who’s that guy I’m with? Why, that’s my long lost husband!

IMG_4871 

Before we knew we were moving to SF we had planned a trip to Vegas with D&R. The timing turned out to be pretty good since Joe and I hadn’t seen each other in three weeks by this time.

So how was Vegas? Awesome! Of course, I am biased… it’s one of my favorite places to go. I am such a gambler at heart. Heh! D&R treated us to Viva Elvis and Penn & Teller while there. Both shows were really great, but if I had to choose would probably go with P&T. But really, you can’t go wrong with either one.

Vegas has really grown in the two years or so that we were here last. Unfortunately, it means that a lot of projects that were started before the great mortgage debacle of ‘08 are at a standstill, but they have still managed to get most of the City Center completed despite all that.

This restaurant inside is spectacular. It’s the Mastro’s Ocean Club and looked just amazing. Next time we go I’m going to have to get a reservation just so I can say I ate in the floating bubble.

IMG_4868

I was able to get quite a bit of knitting done on the 4 hour plane rides there and back. I started working on Wisp since I figured it would be an easy no brainer item to knit on the go. This really is going to be beautiful once it’s done and great for the weather out in SF.

IMG_4877

No comments: