Sunday, May 09, 2010

a note on etiquette

Lately I have been thinking about etiquette and how our general lack there of creates unnecessarily uncomfortable encounters with people. Interestingly, I had a conversation about inappropriate behavior last night at dinner with some friends and the majority of these stories could have been solved by someone having read a basic book on etiquette (otherwise know as, how to interact socially with other human beings). No giant tome required, just one of those little paperback ones would have sufficed for most of the stories.

I think I may have found the problem. I went to Books-A-Million yesterday and this was every etiquette book they had in stock. Now, I am not blaming the store since they stock what sells. Obviously, this is not a popular subject.

 photo

At least I know I’m not alone in thinking this. While poking around the internets I found this very interesting blog.

No comments: