Sunday, September 13, 2009

and their were farm animals

Unbeknownst to me I was in for a livestock filled weekend. Leaving work Friday I decided to walk outside to get to my parking deck and ended up in the middle of the Blues, Brews & BBQ event that took place this weekend. Almost immediately I spotted the pen of goats and sheep. I suppose their purpose was to look cute and be fed by us humans or possibly be BBQ… do you BBQ goats?

BBQ Fest 9-11-09 (5)

They also had a pen of llamas. Dr Gemma was right, totally stuck up little things, but cute. A bit on the matted side, but cute.

BBQ Fest 9-11-09 (6)

After work, Joe and I, headed up to WV to visit the fam and to wish Dad a happy birthday. Oh, and Joe had to fix his parents TV set up. Typical visit home.

Saturday, Mom and I headed over to the annual Mound Festival to see what sorts of arts & crafts we could find. Guess who I bumped into? Alpaca! Cute, adorable, super friendly alpaca. These guys were part of the Good Shepherd Farm Alpacas and their coats had been sheered and made into some lovely yarn. I bought two hanks of natural yarn from Biscotti and Gracie… their pictures and stories are even on the labels. How adorable is that!

Mound Fest 9-12-09 (3)

Sunday morning was Dad’s birthday so in an attempt to get a picture of him with his cake on his actual birthday (we celebrated Saturday night) the cake was picked up, held at an angle for the photo op, and then…

Dad's bday cake (1)

CAKE DOWN! That cake was thrown in my generally direction being the picture taker and all. I was saved only by my wits and ninja like reflexes. The floor, however, was not.

This is what icing looks like on your wood floors, beware the cracks and crevices.

Dad's bday cake (5)

The floor was saved by Mom’s mad skills in icing removal. The cake was lost to the big trash can in the sky.

In case anyone is interested I should be posting pictures of my lovely alpaca yarn soonish. Just need some good lighting.

No comments: