Thursday, March 12, 2009

the great purge of 2009

This is long overdue. It's not like there isn't room for all this stuff, I mean I could jam it all in a closet but it's all extra. Just stuff here and there and it is time for it to GO. Clutter has left the building! Tonight I came home and put out the call... EBay, Freecycle, and a bag full of things to go to Amvets. I already have responses and one scheduled pickup for the Freecycle items. I am always amazed at how fast people respond to those things. When an item is hot, its HOT. Now I just let some of these other hooks dangle a bit and then start the next load in a few days. It feels good to let some of the excess go... Now maybe I can get my guestroom to look like an actual guestroom and not like a garage sale.

Speaking of the guestroom, Joe and I went to the ginormous new IKEA that opened up North. Seriously, I think you could lose about 30 pounds just walking around in that place. All that walking around gave me some ideas on how to turn the garage sale-a-thon room into an actual room you might want to spend some time in. It's nice when things start to come together. Just need to keep the exodus moving along in a timely manner.

No comments: