Monday, November 13, 2006

It's a Hooker! and other things

So many things to talk about today. I have meant to post something for days, but there never seems to be enough time or I just plain don’t feel like doing it anyway. Heh, excuses are easy.

Let’s start with the Hooker. Everyone loves a good hooker and I am no exception. I may even have to give her a name since I feel like she is a part of the family now. I am so in love! And, DH, that does not mean I am still happy with the whole “TV situation” either. Merely pacified with the end result. There is a difference, really. Oh, and I know people are going to google hooker and be sorely disappointed by the actual topic of this conversation, but it makes me laugh EVERY TIME hookerhookerhooker


If you look closely on the coffee table (the blue thing on the left) you will see that I have been knitting as well, oh, and shameless plug for the teeny tiny diet dr pepper can next to it.

The Hooker, let’s call her Lily, led to another costly purchase… the beautiful hand knotted Indian rug. I love it! Not as much as Lily, but love nonetheless. Now we are poor and unable to buy anyone Christmas gifts for the next five years, at least. Please send money to the poor destitute couple with the nice furniture who can’t buy groceries.


Ah the fabulous rug. It actually looks pretty dull in this picture. I am having issues with getting a good photo of its true colors, it really is much more lively in person, really.

What else, what else… umm knitting, I mentioned a bit of knitting before. The purse is on hold. I had started on the handles which were the last of the pieces to complete. However, running out of yarn seemed to be the status quo. I bought an extra ball so that I could “finish” the bag and then promptly ran out again when I started on the handles. I did manage to get yet another ball, but now they are in a bag waiting for me to complete another project that is on a deadline.

What is the deadline project? Really cute shrug that I am knitting so that I can wear it over one of two black dresses that I own for the Company Holiday Party (is this sentence to long/fragmenty?? I hate typing in Word and it tells me I am fragmenting… what does that mean??). I was very cold last year in one of said dresses and thought it would be nice to have a little something on my shoulders. The yarn is mostly mohair that is lovely to work with as long as you don’t have to tink back. The humanity of it! stickystickysticky! I have completed the back piece and have started on the two front pieces. Pray I have enough yarn for this project since there is no more to be had at the shop.

Alright, that is enough of me blathering on for today. I will start logging new and exciting things for me to blog and hopefully be back a little sooner next time.

No comments: