Saturday, March 13, 2010

one week anniversary

This past Saturday I did what I thought to be the impossible. I ran a 5K. Not only did I run it, but I ran it without stopping. I realize this may not seem like a huge deal to most people, but I am a certified couch potato. Exercise is not my thing people!

Howeva, I decided that 2010 was going to be the year I start taking care of myself. This was mostly to take care of my crazed neck muscles that were delivering headaches on an almost daily basis (no wonder I’m so cranky all the time). Yet, I realized that I really need to take care of my health in other ways as well, so I signed up for a running class 10 weeks ago. After 9 weeks of running with this group it culminated in the Alston+Bird LLP Corporate Cup Challenge 5K. Here we are before the race. OK, so maybe I don’t look that thrilled to be there, but I am still working on the morning person thing…

IMG_5208

With some encouragement from my running partner Jennifer we ran it. Ran it like we meant business. And it was fun! Next Saturday I’ll be at the Shamrock 4 Miler, maybe I’ll see you there.

Toodles!

No comments: