Friday, May 05, 2006

Belated updates

Hello Everyone!

It has been a while so you may be wondering whatI have been doing. The new house has become all consuming these days. We were finally given our closing information, which is: final walkthrough on May 23rd and the closing is May 30th. Not the dates we were planning for, but we will take them nonetheless. We rescheduled the movers for the 31st along with the closets and other miscellaneous items. The fantastic new fridge will be here on June 1st. Here is a look at the giant beast. I must be feeling better (the apartment has become a might cramped) about all of this since I have started to get back into my cross-stitch again and I even completed the first and most fantastic scarf ever. Well, completed except for the minor issue of binding off… details, details.

Here are a few pictures of our house... it really is looking good!



On a more serious note...

For those of you who don’t know, my best friend since I was five had a seizure and became comatose about a month back. Lucky for me, her brother was able to find me out in cyberspace and apprise me of the situation. Unfortunately, the doctors have no idea why this even happened. She has some past medical history that would seem to be the logical factor, but that all came out negative. Another scientific conundrum.

She has since regained consciousness, but even though she was in a coma for a short period of time she will still have to go through physical therapy. Can you imagine waking up and not being able to talk or feed yourself? That has to be frustrating. Since she is conscious I will be flying down to Florida next weekend to see her. I have been warned that she may not recognize me, but I really feel like I should go and see her. It may only be for a day, but that is at least something.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your friend. I'm assuming she was in your wedding? Wasn't she a pilot or something crazy like that? Wow, keep us posted about her condition.

The house looks great!

jb said...

Hey Lady!! Happy birthday again!!!

i like your house! its pretty!!

& m'sorry abt your jenny.


...i really missed you...

luvs & hugs...

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think we bought this fridge:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1110263900411&type=product

Joe

Lenore said...

I'm so happy to see an undate here! I check it all the time. Soon you'll be moving into that fabulous new house, leaving behind that apartment forever. Woo-hoo!

I think that it will be very good for Jenny to have you visit her. I think about her and am happy that she is making some progress. Anyone who quotes Monty Python is good people!

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»