Wednesday, June 29, 2011

the chicken

So here it is. The world’s most expensive chicken. At least at my house.

This was a pretty tasty bird, but I may have overcooked it a bit. OK, I did overcook it a little. It’s not my fault the online cooking instructions said an hour and a half cooking time and after an hour this bird was already past 165 F. I don’t know how much more exactly. After it 173 F I figured it was past being an issue.

Behold, the bird. I have no idea why it seems to be green under that front leg. Every picture I took looked like that…

IMG_1911

Along with the chicken I roasted some veggies and made some rice. Have you seen the Romanesco broccoli? It’s the green mixed in with the cauliflower and onions below and it is delicious. I hate that I’ve walked by it so many times and thought about how pretty it was, yet never stopped to try it out. FAIL. Well, no more. I will now be more adventurous and try new and wonderful things. I may be disappointed at times, but there’s also a good chance I’ll find something wonderful!

IMG_1910

No comments: